New Sessions listed here/Changed or Cancelled Sessions listed at the end
2:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Planning Tips for Special Events: Concept to Reality (new)
- Explain tools necessary to create/recreate the way you plan and implement special events
- Summarize strategies on how others create partnerships with local community members in order to provide a quality program
Jessica Wallner, Program Supervisor, Town of Danville
RJ Natal, Program Coordinator, Town of Danville
11:00 p.m. - 12:15 p.m.
“You Are the Supervisor—Now Lead, Motivate and Appreciate!” (new)
- Discuss and collaborate on what it means to be an effective leader and how investing in and appreciating staff delivers results
- Summarize five motivation tips that will inspire your team to achieve more both individually and together
Jenni Worsham, Recreation Supervisor, City of Cypress
2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Your Role As A Disaster Services Worker (new)
- Explain the scope of duties for the disaster service worker including staff roles for effectively handling critical incidents at park and recreation facilities
- Formulate at least two recommended actions for personal & family preparedness to ensure your availability during times of disaster
Sonya Young-Jimenez, Facility Director, City of Los Angeles
Jimmy Kim, Emergency Management Coordinator, City of Los Angeles
Carlton Stubbs, Recreation Facility Director, City of Los Angeles
Strategies for Retaining Your Best Employees (new)
- Discuss employee strengths to increase productivity leading to higher job satisfaction and low employee turnover
- Explain strategies that assist with transforming your organization and creating a workplace with a culture of high retention
Tiarra Warner, Community Services Coordinator, City of Signal Hill
CPRS Healthy Play Initiative Results in Positive Community Outcomes(new)
CPRS partnered with PlayCore and GameTime to promote play and health across California in an effort to report community outcomes. The program launched at the 2015 CPRS Conference with the goal of sharing initial outcomes at the 2016 CPRS Conference in Long Beach. Data collection and outcomes will continue to be collected over the course of the year, to be shared in 2017
- Identify research-based strategies and considerations for promoting health and wellness in community park designs
- Discuss model projects and programs of distinction that intentionally engage and address the needs of the community
Lisa Moore, Sr. Vice President of Corporate Strategic Services, Playcore
Jennifer A. Piatt, PhD, Associate Professor, Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies; Indiana University Bloomington
Lynn M. Jamieson, ReD, Professor and Interim Chair, Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies; Indiana University Bloomington
Stephanie Stephens, CAE, Executive Director, CPRS
How I Spent 600 Hours for a 7-Minute Talk (date & time change)
- From: Thursday, March 2 @ 11:00 a.m.
- To: Wednesday, March 1 @ 2:30 p.m.
Workplace Violence: Tips for Park & Recreation Staff (date & time change)
- From: Friday, March 3 @ 9:45 a.m.
- To: Thursday, March 2 @ 2:45 p.m.
Remaking Public Space: Innovative Tools for Funding and Maintaining Public Infrastructure
Your Emergency Management Role: Beyond Response
- Cancelled due to emergency shelter needs near Sacramento