The Mini SuperCal:
Energizing the "Super" in Supervisors
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
By January 31, 2016
CPRS Member - $40
Nonmember - $48
Student - $20
After January 31, 2016
CPRS Members - $48
Nonmember - $58
Student - $24
Lunch is on your own
A blast from the past, The Mini SuperCal returns. This Intensive will incorporate some of the strategies of “SuperCal.” (Once upon a time, this training was held in a location that fostered learning, camaraderie and networking for supervisors and coordinators at all levels). In this renovated format, we will provide time for networking as well as hear from three presenters in our field.
This workshop will allow the Exchanging of New Ideas with other people about past experience or job related ideas and this opportunity is a great key to obtaining new information that people might not have thought about. Sharing ideas and knowledge will help people expand their way of thinking by allowing people to see things in different ways.
- Leadership and Empowerment – Rekindle your inner fire to lead and engage your staff.
- Time Management – Does time seem to fly by or slip through the cracks? This session will help you prioritize and launch into a more successful season.
- Leveraging Social Media as a Communication Tool – considering the strategies you’ll see long-term value in keeping an open dialogue with your customers and staff.
- Networking, Networking, Networking
Session Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a variety of leadership strategies that the leader and follower use to create higher levels of motivation and performance
- Identify how to achieve better time management results through project and task prioritization that leads to more effective planning
- Identify easily implemented steps you can take that would help you successfully implement social media use by staff
- Participate in this modified networking format to exchange ideas with others to help complete tasks, learn from each other and one that builds a support system during your professional career
Contact Intensive Coordinator Helen Hernandez, 626-214-1601, ext 360, email@example.com
Marie Knight, Director, City of Orange
Cindy Bagley, CPRP, MA, Recreation Program Supervisor, Town of Windsor
André Pichly, CPRP, Parks and Community Services Director, City of Tracy