National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS)
Certified Youth Sports Administrator
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sacramento Convention Center
Lunch is on your own
$314 CPRS member/$392 non-member by January 23, 2019
$392 CPRS member/$490 non-member after January 23, 2019, or onsite
$165 CPRS Student Member
Non-member student pays the regular non-member rate
Pre-registration required due to minimum registration numbers
Who Should Attend?
Sports league directors and field management staff, administrators in key decision-making positions within public agencies providing parks, recreation and similar community services.
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) will offer a special onsite Academy for Youth Sports Administrators for professionals pursuing the Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) credential. CPRS and NAYS believe that every community should have at least one CYSA overseeing organized youth sports programs. After a full day of hands-on training, participants will complete the certification process via the Online Academy system. This allows participants to experience both the Onsite and Online Academy, have an opportunity to meet the NAYS Academy faculty and to network with other youth sports professionals from around the state.
Completing the Academy gives youth sports administrators a strong foundation of knowledge on issues pertaining to overseeing youth sports programs in today’s ever-changing environment. Some of the topics covered through the Academy are youth sports philosophy, professional development, volunteer management, child abuse prevention, parent management, conflict resolution, insurance and risk management, program evaluation and marketing. More than 2,500 professionals from around the world have earned this important certification.
- Participate in an onsite Academy for Youth Sports Administrators to pursue the Certified Youth Sports Administrators (CYSA) credential
- Explain how to complete the certification process via the Online Academy system
- Generate an understanding of the issues pertaining to overseeing youth sports programs in today’s ever-changing environment
- Describe the youth sports philosophy including professional development and volunteer management
- Explain the youth sports values of child abuse prevention, parent management, conflict resolution, insurance and risk management
- Communicate the importance of program evaluation and marketing
Contact Trainer & Intensive Coordinator Lisa Licata, Director, Professional Youth Sports Administration, National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS), (561) 684-1141, firstname.lastname@example.org