Introducing a NEW Coaching service as part of our CPRS Leadership Initiative
CPRS has data to help you discuss the changing face of public government! We are working in phases:
- Phase 1: a data-gathering leadership workshop at the 2016 conference, a VIP 2.0 update and partnering with Frank Benest* in the Cal-ICMA Coaching Program (free service to CPRS members)
- Phase 2: mentoring work by CPRS members that focus' on entry-level employees
- Phase 3: leadership skills building training track at the 2017 conference designed by the CPRS Conference Committee; training topics include story-telling with Frank Benest, conflict resolution with Marie Knight, finding your calling & critical thinking with Mike Shellito, collaboration strategies with Juan Guzman, Jr., getting people to do their best with Jane H. Adams, leadership styles with Lydie & Marc Gutfeld, top-tier soft skills with Heather Vilhauer & Dr. Chris Chamberlain and Simon Sinek's Start with Why with Dr. Lisa Jorgensen -Easterla & Conversations That Matter with Jessica Pettitt
Coaching Corner materials include:
2016 Coaching Program Overview (start here to peruse the coaching resources)
Career Compass column #46 “Leading By Letting Go
Anthology of Career Compass columns #1-25
Article “Coaching 101—How This Coaching Relationship Works”
REGISTER NOW for the 2016 COACHING WEBINARS
There is no charge to register and all persons interested in local government are welcome. Each webinar requires its own registration. Click on a webinar below to register. We encourage you to register even if you are unable to attend the live session. You will receive an automatic notice when the digital recording is available.
- Thriving as a High Performance Organization 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Thursday, March 10
- Building Civic Leadership and Community 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time, Wednesday, April 13
- Ethics in Action 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Thursday, May 19
- Successful Supervision and Leadership 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time, Thursday, September 8
- Survival Skills for Managers 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Thursday, October 20
- Succession Planning and Knowledge Transfer 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Thursday, November 17
*Frank Benest is Past President of the California City Managers Department and past Vice President of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA). Frank teaches at Stanford University and has been inducted into the National Academy of Public Administration. Frank currently serves as the ICMA Senior Advisor for Next Generation Initiatives and Co-Chair of the Cal-ICMA Coaching Program.
Contact Leslie Fritz, CPRP, Director of Education, email@example.com for a conversation about the CPRS Leadership Initiative.