Professional Award of Excellence
Fellowship / Hall of Fame
Congratulations to our
2017 Fellowship / Hall of Fame Winner!
Rick Gould, City of Santa Clarita
Check out our Awards Banquet photo gallery here!
The nominee must have a proven record and a high level of competency in at least four (4) of these areas:
- Record of outstanding professional service and a history of engagement to the delivery of park and recreation services or programs throughout their career
- Service to CPRS through state, district or section activities and / or other professional and community organizations
- Positive and meaningful impact or change to the community / communities and those who are served
- Response to a significant challenge in their community and their innovative, responsive and proactive approach in developing solutions to the challenge
- Leadership achievement(s): communicating a vision to others inside or outside his/her organization; setting direction; executive decision-making aligned with organization's values, vision, and mission; and being viewed as a change agent within the community, region, or area
- Achievement in developing and implementing strategic change initiatives to produce desired change in capacity building, strenthening community leadership, or enhancing the planning process
- Experience in developing cooperative ventures, partnerships, alliances, collaborations or coalitions based on common goals that maximize resources for the long-term goals of the organization
- Demonstration of innovations and forward-thinking solutions that align their organization or CPRS for a successful future
- Demonstration of promoting the success of the profession through developing and mentoring young professionals, succession planning or training