Professional Awards of Excellence
An Honorary Member Award is bestowed upon a retired park and recreation professional for outstanding contributions to the parks, recreation and/or human services profession through service to CPRS.
This category does not have an entry fee. Nominator and nominee must be a CPRS member.
The nominator will be responsible for payment and arrangements for nominee's attendance at the CPRS Awards Banquet, should they be chosen to receive this award.
Nominee must meet at least four (4) of the following criteria:
- Elected to a State office on the CPRS Board of Directors
- Elected as a CPRS Section or District President
- Served as Chair of a CPRS statewide committee or task force. Please state accomplishment(s) achieved in your narrative
- Served as Chair of a committee in a national park, recreation and/or human services organization. Please state accomplishment(s) achieved in your narrative.
- Participated in committee work over a period of three (3) years with local, state or national organization; either CPRS or an affiliated organization; or CPRS district or section. Please state accomplishment(s) achieved in your narrative.
- Published articles in newsletters or magazines in the interest of parks, recreation and/or community services profession. Please include copies or bibliography.
- Author of five (5) or more articles published by magazines of national scope. Please provide titles, name of publications and dates.
- Author of five (5) or more books published. Please provide titles, name of publications and dates.
- Previous recipient of a CPRS Citation or Fellowship/Hall of Fame Award
Use these Award Winning Strategies to ensure your nomination is award worthy!
Required Additional Submittals
- 2 - 3 HIGH RESOLUTION photos labeled with nominee name and nominator name.