Professional Award of Excellence
This award honors and recognizes individuals who have contributed significantly to CPRS through service on State, Region, Section or District Boards or committees, or through service to CPRS at events, programs or conferences for 5 years or less of service. This statewide award is designed to recognize the contributions of those who work on behalf of CPRS to advance the profession and who strengthen and support CPRS as a professional organization.
This category has an entry fee: CPRS members $70. Nominee must be a current CPRS member.
The nominator will be responsible for payment and arrangements for nominee's attendance at the CPRS Awards Banquet, should they be chosen to receive this award.
Nominee should have a record of outstanding service to CPRS or to a CPRS District, Section, or committee in one or more of these means:
- Development of new initiative(s) for CPRS at the State, District, or Section level that result in new program(s) or service(s) to members
- Response to a significant challenge faced by CPRS, a District or Section and their contribution of an innovative or proactive solution to the challenge
- Presentation(s) at CPRS State, District, or Section trainings
- Author or contributor to article through CPRS or other professional organization's publication that advance the parks and recreation profession
- Support of CPRS through fund-raising, sponsorship, talent, action, pro bono support, consultation, or leadership positions
Submit 750 word (maximum) narrative on the nominee's accomplishments and contributions to CPRS of five (5) years or less.
Use these Award Winning Strategies to ensure your nomination is award worthy!
Required Additional Submittals
- 2 - 3 HIGH RESOLUTION photos labeled with nominee name and nominator name.