for California Park & Recreation Society's District 10 Award Nominations
The Awards Committee this year has tried to simplify the applications for each of the award categories in the hopes for increased participation. Each of the awards can be submitted electronically and are hyperlinked to the appropriate form to be submitted.
- Career Achievement Award: This award will recognize a retiree within a member agency or organization who has made significant and lasting contributions to District 10, CPRS and the Parks and Recreation profession.
- Most Valuable Part Time Player Award: This award recognizes part-time employees for their outstanding contributions to their agency and the community. Awards will be given in the following sub-categories: Athletics, Aquatics, Aging, Development and Operations, Recreation and Recreation Therapy. A fee of $25 for the medal (payable by check or credit card) and a photo showcasing the employee must be submitted by the nominating agency.
- Parks Make Life Better Award: This honor recognizes an outstanding District 10 facility, park or program that has made a substantial and meaningful impact on the community and the members it serves. Facility, park or program must be in service for a minimum of 3 years.
- Coveted Leadership: This honor is presented by CPRS District 10 to recognize a recreation professional who has provided outstanding leadership and made significant contributions to District 10 and demonstrated involvement with D10 for at least ten years. Nominees must be a current member of District 10 and shall have served as a D10 Board member for at least one term.
- Individual/Agency Award: This award recognizes members or agencies for their support and contribution to District 10 and the Parks & Recreation Profession during the past year. This award may be given out to one individual and/or one agency per year.
- Volunteer Merit Award: This award is presented to individuals or organizations in recognition of their contributions to the community, profession or member agencies. This award is non-competitive and agencies may nominate up to 3 volunteers each year. Nominees will be recognized during the banquet with a plaque commemorating their accomplishment(s). A fee of $70 for the plaque (payable by check or credit card) and a photo of showcasing the volunteer(s) must be submitted by the nominating agency.
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, January 27, 2023 by 5:00pm.
We hope to receive a few submissions from your agency this year! For additional information or questions, please contact Amber Castrey, City of Irvine, at ACastrey@cityofirvine.org or (949) 724-6907 or Ben Dieterle, City of Fountain Valley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 593-4669.
Community Services Supervisor
City of Fountain Valley
Fountain Valley CA