Professional Award of Excellence
Fellowship / Hall of Fame
The nominee must have a proven record and a high level of competency in at least four (4) of these areas:
- Record of outstanding professional service and a history of engagement to the delivery of park and recreation services or programs throughout their career
- Service to CPRS through state, district or section activities and / or other professional and community organizations
- Positive and meaningful impact or change to the community / communities and those who are served
- Response to a significant challenge in their community and their innovative, responsive and proactive approach in developing solutions to the challenge
- Leadership achievement(s): communicating a vision to others inside or outside his/her organization; setting direction; executive decision-making aligned with organization's values, vision, and mission; and being viewed as a change agent within the community, region, or area
- Achievement in developing and implementing strategic change initiatives to produce desired change in capacity building, strengthening community leadership, or enhancing the planning process
- Experience in developing cooperative ventures, partnerships, alliances, collaborations or coalitions based on common goals that maximize resources for the long-term goals of the organization
- Demonstration of innovations and forward-thinking solutions that align their organization or CPRS for a successful future
- Demonstration of promoting the success of the profession through developing and mentoring young professionals, succession planning or training
You may submit up to four (4) one page letter(s) of reference / achievement addressing one or more of the nine (9) award criteria. Examples may be letter(s) from professional peer(s), supervisor(s), direct report(s), community leader(s), elected or appointed official(s), board / commission member(s), or representative(s) of partner organization(s).
Use these Award Winning Strategies to ensure your nomination is award worthy!
Narrative of Nominee's Contriubtions: Provide a brief overview of the candidate's career indicating positions held and the years involved; list any awards or recognitions received; list leadership or other activities with local, state, and / or national organizations. [750 word maximum] (100 pts)
Required Additional Submittals
- 2 - 3 HIGH RESOLUTION photos labeled with nominee name and nominator name.
Congratulations to our
2018 Fellowship / Hall of Fame Winner!
Check out our Awards Banquet photo gallery here!