Professional Award of Excellence
This award honors and recognizes individuals who have contributed significantly to CPRS through service on State, Region, Section or District Boards or committees, or through service to CPRS at events, programs or conferences for no less than 3 and no more than 10 years of service. Up to one (1) Rising Professional may be named per CPRS Region annually. This award is designed to recognize the contributions of those who work on behalf of CPRS to advance the profession and who strengthen and support CPRS as a professional organization.
Nominee must be a current CPRS member.
Congratulations to our
2018 Rising Professional Award Winners!
Scott Baker, City of Mission Viejo
Nicole Acquisti, City of Burlingame
Check out our Awards Banquet photo gallery here!
Nominee should have a record of outstanding service to CPRS or to a CPRS District, Section, or committee in one or more of these means:
- Development of new initiative(s) for CPRS at the State, District, or Section level that result in new program(s) or service(s) to members
- Response to a significant challenge faced by CPRS, a District or Section and their contribution of an innovative or proactive solution to the challenge
- Presentation(s) at CPRS State, District, or Section trainings
- Author or contributor to article through CPRS or other professional organization's publication that advance the parks and recreation profession
- Support of CPRS through fund-raising, sponsorship, talent, action, pro bono support, consultation, or leadership positions
Submit 750 word (maximum) narrative on the nominee's accomplishments and contributions to CPRS for no less than 3 and no more than 10 years of service.