Athletic Field Maintenance Baseball/Softball Field Focus –
A "Hands-On" Experience
7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
El Dorado Park West - Sports Fields
2800 Studebaker Road, Long Beach
By February 19, 2016
CPRS Member/STMA Member - $50
Nonmember - $60
Student - $25
After February 19, 2016 or onsite
CPRS Members/STMA Member - $60
Nonmember - $70
Student - $35
Join us to experience a hands-on training that will demonstrate tools, equipment and best practices used in the planning, design, construction and maintenance of baseball and softball fields. You and your staff will receive instruction from some of the leading consultants, suppliers, turf experts and field managers in California. There will be opportunity to see and try out the latest equipment and hand tools.
Continental breakfast will be served beginning at 7:00 am and lunch will be served following the workshop and will include a luncheon speaker and expert panel discussion on trends in athletic field management.
Field location and driving instructions will be sent by mail with registration confirmation packet. Transportation is on your own.
CEUs are not available.
7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Check-in and Continental Breakfast
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Welcome and sponsor appreciation
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Station rotations (expanded this year)
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch, luncheon speaker and expert panel (new)
- Explain techniques used to successfully construct, maintain and renovate the infield of baseball and softball fields
- Discuss the latest equipment and materials used to effectively prepare and restore baseball and softball fields after tournaments and league games
- Expanded format this year, sessions on risk management/field safety, accessibility and lunchtime speakers and expert panel discussion
- Meet consultant, vendor/supplier and university experts in the design, construction and management of athletic fields
- Network with fellow sports field professionals and share information. Receive a list of related maintenance resources applicable to operations, maintenance & sports league employees
- Generate your own field management working plan for your agency’s ballfields
For Further Information:
Event Coordinator is Westley Schroeder, CPRS Development & Operations Board Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org who is available to answer questions about the workshop format and content for the day or accept your sponsorship.