National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS)
Certified Youth Sports Administrator
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
By January 26, 2018
CPRS Member - $314
Nonmember - $392
CPRS Student Member - $165
After January 26, 2018
CPRS Members - $392
Nonmember - $490
CPRS Student Member - $165
Registration available at the Long Beach Convention Center Registration Counter the day of the event--come about 45 minutes prior to start time.
Lunch is on your own
Who Shoud Attend?
Sports league directors & field management staff, administrators in key decision-making positions within public agencies providing parks, recreation and similar community services.
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) will offer a special onsite Academy for Youth Sports Administrators for professionals pursuing the Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) credential. CPRS and NAYS believe that every community should have at least one CYSA overseeing organized youth sports programs. After a full day of hands-on training, participants will complete the certification process via the Online Academy system. This allows participants to experience both the Onsite and Online Academy, have an opportunity to meet the NAYS Academy faculty and to network with other youth sports professionals from around the state.
Completing the Academy gives youth sports administrators a strong foundation of knowledge on issues pertaining to overseeing youth sports programs in today’s ever-changing environment. Some of the topics covered through the Academy are youth sports philosophy, professional development, volunteer management, child abuse prevention, parent management, conflict resolution, insurance and risk management, program evaluation and marketing. More than 3,500 professionals from around the world have earned this important certification.
- Participate in an onsite Academy for Youth Sports Administrators to pursue the Certified Youth Sports Administrators (CYSA) credential
- Explain how to complete the certification process via the Online Academy system
- Generate an understanding of the issues pertaining to overseeing youth sports programs in today’s ever changing environment
- Describe the youth sports philosophy including professional development and volunteer management
- Explain the youth sports values of child abuse prevention, parent management, conflict resolution, insurance and risk management
- Communicate the importance of program evaluation and marketing
Contact Trainer & Intensive Coordinator Lisa Licata, Senior Director, Professional Youth Sports Administration, National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS), 561-684-1141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration cutoff in the CPRS office is February 17, 2018. After that date please register on-site.