Recreation Therapy Institute -
Inspiring Excellence and Engagement
7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
$170 CPRS member/$213 non-member/$50 CPRS Student Member by January 26, 2018
$213 CPRS member/$266 non-member/$65 CPRS Student Member after January 26, 2018 or onsite
Pre-registration preferred, drop-in permitted.
Click here to register online
Click here to download the paper registration packet with Session Schedule
*CEUs included in pricing for registrants, except for students and volunteers. Please note: to receive CEUs, you need to be in the session within ten minutes of start time and stay in the session.
Day at a Glance
7:00 a.m. - 7:55 a.m. -- Check-In
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Keynote Session
Concurrent Sessions All Day
(Early registration includes lunch)
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. -- Closing Session
Who Should Attend?
Recreational therapists, educators and students of therapeutic recreation who provide interventions and techniques to improve functioning and independence as well as reduce or eliminate the effects of illness or disability.
This institute coordinates and opening keynote and 10-11 breakout sessions targeted at staff serving differing target populations. You’ll choose one breakout each time slot plus attend one opening session.
Opening Keynote ATRA: Getting to Know Your Professional Organization, Dr. Marieke Van Puymbroeck, CTRS, FDRT
Break out session choices currently in the works:
- Social-Emotional Music Programming for Special Needs Inclusion & Recreation, Helen Dolas, AbleARTS, John Fitzgerald, Rhythm Facilitator, Remo Inc.
- Mindfulness & Meditation Engaging All, Brian Pritchard
- Inter-professional Education & Practice: Creating Collaborative Opportunities for Recreation Therapy, Dr. Darla Hagge, CCC-SLP
- Communication Partner Training for Persons with Aphasia, Dr. Darla Hagge, CCC-SLP
- Corrections/Mental Health: Planning Effective Modalities with Limited Access to Equipment, Amanda Ho-de Castro
- A Chair for Yoga: Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga as a Recreational Therapy Intervention, Dr. Marieke Van Puymbroeck, CTRS, FDRT
- The Function of Recreation Therapy in the Treatment of Eating Disorders, Rod Adnitt, CTRS
- Support Groups: Building Effective Communities, Rene Van Hoorn
- Self Injurious Behaviors, Kristin Cummings-Prater BCBA, Behavioral Analyst
- Certification... Why it is Right for Me? JoAnne Jones CTRS, RTC; B.J. Grosvenor CTRS, RTC
Contact RT Institute Coordinator Dr. Jamie Hoffman, CTRS, Associate Professor, CSU Sacramento, email@example.com