Registration and the zoom line are hosted by the Colorado Parks & Recreation Association (CPRA). If you experience any difficulties with the registration process or have questions, please contact CPRA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[#1] October 18, 2023 @ 12:00 PM (PT)/1:00 PM (MT)
Creating a Pathway
Tune in to this panel discussion to better understand the current state of the pathway to a career in parks and recreation, and how we can collectively amplify the opportunities and benefits of a career in this vital industry. Some questions the panel will address include:
- How are colleges and universities teaching and engaging with students on community recreation?
- How do today’s students feel about joining the park and recreation profession?
- How are established professionals adjusting to welcome the emerging workforce?
- How are parks and recreation agencies preparing seasonal and part time employees for a potential career in parks & recreation?
- How are we collaborating with colleges and universities to prepare future students to become future parks & recreation professionals?
Ashley Howe, City of Mill Valley (CA)
Cass Morgan, Weber State University
Nate Tauntvein, Utah State University
Moderator: Stephanie Stephens, California Park & Recreation Society
[#2] November 15, 2023 @ 12:00 PM (PT)/1:00 PM (MT)
Join us to discuss recruitment strategies for parks and recreation agencies. In this webinar we will look at how we’re adjusting and adapting to the desires of a new generation of workers and implementing flexibility in working conditions to satisfy employee expectations. Following changes in recruitment strategies, we’ll take a deeper look at budgeting, with a special focus on budget restrictions in smaller agencies and breakout discussions based on your agency size/budget.
[#3] December 13, 2023 @ 12:00 PM (PT)/1:00 PM (MT)
Developing From Within: Supporting Emerging Leaders
What are we doing to identify and cultivate skills for emerging leaders? This webinar will look at how we are supporting park and recreation staff within our agencies to become the leaders of tomorrow. We’ll look at strategies for developing professional skills and ways to encourage and embrace those seeking more responsibility. We’ll also take a look at various professional development opportunities, including a statewide Leadership Academy or certification programs.
[#4] January 17, 2024 @ 12:00 PM (PT)/1:00 PM (MT)
The Future of Parks and Recreation
Details coming soon!