MMS 2nd Year Program
Once you've completed the 1st year curriculum, join us for the second of our five year program. Just like first year, most components are taught by your peers, our School Regents.
2nd Year Focus:
Implementing a Maintenance Management Plan through Total Resource Management. You will learn:
Register Online Today!
- How to develop and manage a budget while keeping up with the politics and ethical issues of modern government
- Principles of contracting and outsourcing services
Innovative Elements - Student Presentations!
Second Year builds on the curriculum of first year with an emphasis on the popular “Innovative Elements” student presentations. You will learn more about managing budgets, the politics of maintenance management, ethical and professional issues, the principals of contracting and outsourcing, public speaking, and leadership for the maintenance profession. Each student will also present to the class an idea that your agency has creatively implemented in the area of park operations, maintenance, programming or management. The “Innovative Element” may involve personnel, safety, equipment, preventive maintenance, operations, design or any other area related to outdoor maintenance management. The presentation will be verbal and will include the use of a PowerPoint slide presentation that must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
Each student is asked to bring the power point presentation on a thumb drive for use during your presentation.
- The presentation will be verbal and will include the use of a PowerPoint or Prezi slide presentation. Images on your slides help tell your story.
- The presentation must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Each student is asked to bring the PowerPoint or Prezi presentation on a thumb drive for use during your presentation.
- Be creative! Use of handouts, visual aids, and video in addition to the PowerPoint or Prezi slides are encouraged.